Thursday, August 12, 2010

"Has anyone told you yet that he has an extra finger?"


About a half an hour after Mckay was born the nurses took him to the nursery to see if they could help him breathe better. After they left my nurse came over to me and quietly said, "Has anyone told you yet that he has an extra finger?" I thought she was joking but she assured me she wasn't. She told me that it would be an easy thing to fix because the extra finger did not have a bone in it. It was just a small piece of skin with a finger nail. The next day the pediatrician tied a string around it and said it would eventually fall off. It turned out to be not as simple as that but his extra finger is gone now. Everyone tells me that he will always have something cool to say when he is asked, "Tell us something unique about yourself." :)

2 comments:

  1. I think that is such a good thing that he had an extra finger...I never have something "unique" to say so I have to make something up about how wonderfully unique I am and it is never as cool as an extra finger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is something unique. i am so happy that you have a blog. i have one too. i was so happy to see you and hold your sweet baby boy. i hope all is well your way. love ya. :)

    ReplyDelete