Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mckay's Big Day (April 19, 2010)






The big day was finally here. We got up at 4:00am so that we could check into the Orem Community Hospital at 5:00am. Grandma Beattie, Auntie Tara and cousin Brook all got to our house the night before. We were so grateful to have Howie's family here from California to stay with Madi and Andrew and to see Mckay be born. As Howie and I walked into the hospital we heard the sound of new born babies crying and immediately I said to Howie, "I am not ready for this. We must be crazy." We got into our room and the nurses got my IV in and started the pit drip. Now the waiting was under way - and with me it is a long wait. After about 3 hours the anesthesiologist came in and gave me my epidural (I don't believe in trying to be tough but I admire those who are) so I would be comfortable when the doctor came in to break my water. And at 10:00am he did. I thought once my water had been broken that things would move along quicker but with no luck. We waited and waited. My epidural had been put in too low so as my contractions got worse so did my pain. I had no feeling in my legs but had lots of feeling in my stomach and my back. Finally around 3:15pm the nurse said that Mckay was ready to come. She called the doctor and once he got there things were ready to happen. Mckay was born at 4:07pm. He weighed 8 lbs and was 20 and a half inches long. He had a hard time breathing at first but after about a half an hour was doing a lot better. I have always had an audience when I have my babies. When I had my other kids the doctor's joked that I must have sold tickets for the event but I am glad that Grandma Beattie, Grandma Tyson, Auntie Tara, my nieces Brianna and Brook and of course Howie could all be there to welcome Mckay into our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment